By Meghan Bouboulinis
As Dailies expands across the country, we are meeting more students looking for personalized education opportunities to best suit their learning styles and needs. We are pleased to introduce another financial aid option available to students living in the state of Florida!
What Is The Step Up For Students Scholarship Program?
Step Up For Students (SUFS) is a state-approved nonprofit organization that provides four different scholarship options to Florida schoolchildren. SUFS works to empower students and their families by offering specific scholarships that best fit each student’s individual needs.
Each SUFS Scholarship is Unique
There are five different scholarship programs available to families; each one offers different funding options as well as educational resources, depending on the child, their family, and other unique circumstances.
- The Florida Tax Credit Scholarship (FTC) and the Family Empowerment Scholarship for Educational Options (FES-EO) provide financial assistance for private school tuition and related costs, public transportation, and more.
- The Family Empowerment Scholarship for Students with Unique Abilities (FES-UA) is set up as an education savings account that can be used towards a variation of programs and approved providers including schools, therapists, specialists, technology, and more.
- Hope Scholarships provide financial assistance for private school and related costs for public transportation. THis scholarship is available to students who have experienced bullying, threats, assault, or other violent acts.
- New Worlds Scholarship Accounts support K-5th graders and can be used for fees related to tutoring and after school programs along with materials and curriculum.
- Personalized Education Programs (PEP) are available to Florida students who are not full-time private or public school students and provide an educational savings account to fund the educational needs of eligible students.
Choosing the Best Program for Your Family
Each option is unique, just like each child is unique. More information on each program can be found at stepupforstudents.org/scholarships as well as important information on who to contact for additional information. The good news is that Dailies falls into almost every one of the requirements listed under each scholarship. Once you have decided which program to apply for, our team at Dailies can further assist you in registering for a pod class, tutoring, or even an enrichment camp.
Using SUFS to Support Your Child’s Education
Materials, tutoring, and even transportation are aspects of education that are often taken for granted; programs like Step Up For Students provide basic needs to students who need a little extra support. Each scholarship empowers students of all schooling types (private, public, and on-line) in a unique way and ensures that they receive the education that they deserve.
Using Dailies to Further Support Your Child’s Education
Here at Dailies, we work endlessly to create a supportive environment for every student, regardless of where they come from or where they live. With our variety of class offerings, we know that we can provide the assistance necessary to help your student thrive.
Once you have applied and been granted a SUFS scholarship (or even if you are awaiting the funding) please reach out to us so that we can begin to form a personalized education plan that is uniquely tailored to your student and your family.
We know that not all of our Dailies students live in Florida, so be sure to check out our other blog posts that talk more about financial aid programs in other states!
By Meghan Bouboulinis